Thursday, June 17, 2010

Being open

I'm putting a bit of work into ways that this VBOP project can use other common web social networking tools and sites to broaden itself. More particularly to make our information easy to submit and use. Well I guess it is not secret but the systems have to be OPEN not closed! Sound simple but it is hard to explain why in a short post, but that is not important.

There is already a presence in Flickr and Twitter. Expect to see some news on BUZZ,  A Picassa Web Album, a wiki style Field Guide and even a neat mobile phone data collection application using Fronteline.SMS

But don't expect to see any Facebook follow me or friends requests or even Like buttons here anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. The Buzz widget, started to sneek in sponsored ads, so I've decided to remove it.

    :( sorry about that, but I don't want a repeat of the pharmaceutical spammers like on ning

    ReplyDelete